April 1st – Luke 23:50-24:12
- Why did Joseph of Arimathea step forward to bury the body of Jesus?How hard do you think it was for him to do this knowing that his peers would likely mock and ridicule him for doing this?When have you served the Lord despite the threat of ridicule and scorn for doing so?
- What do you think that women initially felt when they noticed that the stone was rolled away? And when they saw the body of Jesus gone? When they saw the angels?
- What did the women do after finding our Jesus was raised?Why didn’t the disciples believe them?Why do you think Peter was so eager to get to the tomb?Who can you tell about the risen Lord Jesus today?
April 2nd – Daniel 7
- Who is the Ancient of Days in verse 9?How is he described?How is his throne room described?What does this teach us about the Ancient of days?
- Who is the one described as being like a son of man in verse 13?What is given to him?How does Daniel respond to his visions?Why do you think he responds this way?
- Wat does it mean that the saints of the Most High will receive the kingdom and possess it forever and ever?What does Daniel learn about the fourth beast of his vision?
April 3rd – Daniel 8
- Who was it that helped Daniel understand his vision in this chapter?Why do you think Daniel was frightened of him?What is the significance of Daniel’s falling on his face?
- What does Gabriel say that the vision reveals to Daniel?What do the ram and goat with their horns represent?What do you think it means in verse 23 when it says “when the transgressors have reached their limit?
- What are we told that this last king will do?How is he described?How will he be defeated?How does Daniel react to this information?How do you react to it?
April 4th – Daniel 9:1-19
- How does Daniel address God in his prayer?How do you address God in your prayers?What does Daniel confess before God?When was the last time you spent time in open confession before the Lord?
- How does Daniel view the judgement of God against the sin of Israel?On what basis does Daniel cry out to God for forgiveness and restoration?
- When we cry out for forgiveness on what basis do we ask for it?Does Daniel here have in mind his own sins only or the sins of the nation?Spend some time in personal and corporate confession.
April 5th – Daniel 9:20-27
- How does Gabriel describe how Daniel is seen by God?Do you know that you are greatly loved by God?Do you ‘feel’ greatly loved by God?If so why?If not why not?
- According to Gabriel what is supposed to happen during the 70 weeks?What does he say about the first 7 weeks?What does he say about the next 62 weeks?What significant event comes after the period of 62 weeks?
- Who do you think are the people of the prince who is to come?What will they do?What does Gabriel say will fill the time till the end?
April 6th – Daniel 10
- How does Daniel describe the man he saw in this vision?How did the men with his react even though they did not see the vision?
- How did Daniel react to this vision?How was he strengthened?What words of encouragement did this man give to Daniel?
- Who is this man?Who is the prince of Persia and why is he fighting with him?What do we learn about the spiritual realm from this passage?
April 7th – Psalm 64
- Who is the Psalmist asking God to protect him from?Who might you ask God to protect you from?How do they pose a threat to you?Will you trust God to protect you?
- How does God treat the evil people the Psalmist is speaking about?What does it mean that those who see them will wag their heads?
- Why are the righteous rejoicing over in verse 10?Describe a time when you rejoiced like this after seeing God work?
April 8th – Daniel 11
- What does it teach us about our God that he predicted with such exquisite detail the rising and falling of many kingdoms of the earth leading up to the end?How do we react to a God like this?
- Who are the people who forsake or violate the covenant?What does the evil leader do with these people?How do the people who know their God respond to him?
- What are we told about how this king views himself?Views God? Who are the ones that this king will honor?
- What would it look like for us to exalt ourselves over God like this ruler is described to do?Why is it not safe to exalt ourselves over God, or to speak against God?
April 9th – Daniel 12
- Who are we told will be delivered from the time of great trouble that is predicted in this passage?What book do you think is referred to here?
- What are the fates of those who are resurrected? What instruction was Daniel given regarding the revelations he had been given? What does this mean?
- What is the abomination that makes desolate?What is meant by the command in verse 13 to “go your way to the end?”What do we take away from the teachings of this chapter about the end of days?
April 10th – 1 Corinthians 1:1-17
- What does the description sanctified in Christ Jesus mean?Who are the Christians in Corinth saints together with?Why do you think Paul describes them this way?
- What does Paul give thanks for concerning the Corinthians?What does it mean that Christ will sustain them till the end?
- What does it look like to be united in the same mind and the same judgement?What types of divisions does Paul describe in the church in Corinth?What types of divisions have you witnessed in the church?
April 11th – 1 Corinthians 1:18-31
- What does it mean that the word of the cross folly to those who are perishing? Have you encountered this perspective?Describe it.How should we view the message of the cross as believers?
- How has God made foolish the wisdom of the world?How is Christ a stumbling block to the Jews?How is he folly to the Gentiles?How do the believers among the Jews and Gentiles view Christ?
- How are those God has called to faith described here?What does verse 31 mean when it says “let the one who boasts boast in the Lord” and what does this look like?
April 12th – 1 Corinthians 2
- How did Paul intentionally decide to communicate to the Corinthians about the message of Jesus?Why did he make this choice?
- What is the secret hidden wisdom of God Paul references here?Who knows the thoughts of God?How has the Holy Spirit helped you to understand spiritual truths?
- Who does not accept the things of the Spirit of God?Why not?How have you witnessed evidence of this when talking with non-Christians?If so how?
April 13th – 1 Corinthians 3:1-15
- Why does Paul tell the Corinthians that he cannot address them as spiritual?What does he mean by milk?What does he mean by solid food?
- What do we learn about fruitful ministry from Paul’s reference to himself and Apollos?How does this change your perspective on evangelism?
- What does Paul mean when he says in verse 13 that “each one’s work will become manifest?”What is promised for those whose work survives?What happens to the one whose work burns up?
April 14th – Psalm 65
- Whom does the Psalmist say is blessed?What are they said to be satisfied with?How would you describe your satisfaction in the Lord?
- What awesome deeds of God are described by the Psalmist?What awesome deeds of God have you witnessed in your life?
- What evidences of God’s sovereignty over creation is found in this Psalm?How would you describe God’s active role in creation to someone who has never considered the concept?
April 15th – 1 Corinthians 3:16-4:21
- According to Paul where does the Holy Spirit dwell?What are the implications of this truth?Why are we instructed to become a fool in order to become wise?
- What does Paul tell us the Lord will do when he comes?What hidden things will Jesus reveal about your heart?What purposes of your heart will he reveal?
- How does Paul describe himself and Apollos?How is this different from how he describes the Corinthians?How would you describe yourself?What does Paul urge the Corinthians to do?Could you urge others to do the same?Why/Why not?
April 16th – 1 Cor 5
- How does Paul describe the sexual immorality that is reportedly occurring in the Corinthian church?How might the people there have been “arrogant” about this?Are there any sins that you are arrogant about in the same way?
- What does Paul mean when he says that they should deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of his flesh?For what purpose are they to do this?
- Who is it that Paul is commanding us not to associate with?What does he mean that we are to judge those in the church?How do we reconcile this with Matthew 7:1?
April 17th – 1 Cor 6
- Summarize in your own words why it is not good for believers to take other believers to secular court?Instead of doing this what does Paul imply we should be willing to endure?Why?
- Who will not inherit the kingdom of God?What does Paul mean when he says such were some of you?What three things does Paul say happened to the believers in verse 11?
- What point is Paul making in verse 12?How is our body considered the temple of the Holy Spirit? What does it look like for you to glorify God in your body?
April 18th – 1 Cor 7:1-16
- What does it mean that the husband has authority over his wife’s body and the wife has authority over her husband’s body?Why should spouses be intimate regularly according to Paul?
- What advice does Paul give to the unmarried and the widows?What command does Paul give to the married?
- What does Paul mean by saying “I, not the Lord” in verse 12?What should a believer do if their unbelieving spouse wants to leave?What reason does Paul give for a believing spouse to stay with their unbelieving spouse?
April 19th – 1 Cor 7:17-40
- What does Paul mean when he says that each one should remain in the condition in which he was called?What does it mean that you were bought with a price?
- What are the worldly troubles that married people will face alluded to in verse 28?If you are married what are the anxieties you face?What is the benefit of being unmarried according to this passage?
- Whom may the widow remarry when her husband dies?For those who are not yet married what does this teach us about who God desires for us to marry?
April 20th – 1 Cor 8
- How does knowledge puff up?How does love build up?What do you seek more, knowledge or love?Why?
- How does Paul describe God here?How is our God different from idols?In your own words summarize how Paul answers the question , should Christians eat meat sacrificed to idols?
- What are some other ways that we as Christians can lead our brothers and sisters to stumble through the exercise of our freedom in Christ?What attitude does Paul have toward this in verse 13?Do you have this same attitude?Why or why not?
April 21st – Psalm 66
- The Psalmist acknowledges that God has tested them, what are some ways that God has tested his people in Scripture?How has God tested you in your life?
- What form does the Psalmist’s worship of God take in verses 13-15?What form does your worship of God take in your life?
- What does it mean to cherish iniquity in your heart?What does the Psalmist say that Lord’s response to it would have been?Are you cherishing any sins in your heart?
April 22nd – 1 Cor 9:1-23
- How does Paul explain the legitimacy of accepting support from the church in Corinth?What principle does this establish for churches and those who minister to them?
- How has Paul made himself a servant of all in order to win them to Christ?What does he mean when he says he became as _____________ to win the ___________?
- Do you share this same passion to see others come to Christ?If so what has it motivated you to do intentionally to win them to Christ?If not why not?
April 23rd – 1 Cor 9:24-10:22
- What is the imperishable wreath that we are striving for?What does Paul mean by saying that he disciplines his body and keeps it under control?Do you live this way?If so how?
- What are the things that Paul warns us not to do that Israel did?What happened to Israel when they did these things?What can we learn then from their example?
- What great promise does Paul give us here concerning temptation?How is this comforting to you personally?What might this way of escape look like that God promises to provide?
April 24th – 1 Cor 10:23-11:16
- What freedom does Paul give to the church regarding eating meat sacrificed to Idols?What exceptions are given regarding this freedom?
- What does it mean to do all to the glory of God?Do you live this way?How should this change the way we live our lives?Can you say with integrity what Paul says in 11:1?
- What reasons does Paul give for commanding that women cover their heads when they pray or prophesy?How do we apply this passage today?Why do we apply it that way?
April 25th – 1 Cor 11:17-34
- What do you think Paul is referring to when he describes divisions in the Corinthian church?In what ways were the Corinthians abusing the Lord’s Supper?
- How would you explain what Jesus means by saying “this is my body which is for you, do this in remembrance of me?”How do we “proclaim the Lord’s death” when we celebrate communion?
- What does it mean to eat the bread and drink the cup in an unworthy manner? What does Paul say has happened to those who have eaten without discerning the body?What does this suggest about how important the Lord’s Supper is to God?
April 26th – 1 Cor 12
- What does Paul emphasize about where the spiritual gifts come from?Why do you think Paul when speaking about spiritual gifts does this?
- What does Paul say about the purpose of spiritual gifts?What idea does Paul refute in verses 14-20?Have you ever felt this way?If so why?
- What does it mean when it says that “if one member suffers all suffer together?”What does this look like in the church?What does it look like to rejoice together?
April 27th – 1 Cor 13
- What is the point of verses 1-3?What things are we as humans often tempted to seek in place of love?Why do we struggle with loving others so much?
- What are we told that love is?Which of these is the hardest for us?Why?What are we told that love is not? Which of these do we most struggle with?Why?
- What is Paul trying to teach by using the illustration of a child that grow up?When is Paul referring to when he says “then I shall know fully even as I am fully known?”
April 28th – Psalm 67
- What is the Psalmist asking God for?What would it look like for God to answer this request?Why does the Psalmist ask for these things (v2)?
- What is the reason the nations are called to be glad and sing for joy in verse 4?Why would these things be a motivation for the nations to celebrate?
- How does the Psalmist encourage the peoples of the earth to respond to the blessing of God?what does it look like to do this?
April 29th – 1 Cor 14:1-25
- What does Paul say is greater prophesying or speaking in tongues?What reasons does he give for this?What does he mean by “building up the church?”
- What does Paul mean when he says be infants in evil?What does he mean when he says in your thinking be mature?Would you describe yourself in this way? If so why, if not why not?
- What does Paul describe as happening to an unbeliever when they enter the church and hears the church prophesying?How do we reconcile what he says about this with what he says in verse 22?
April 30th – 1 Cor 14:26-40
- What does Paul say the purpose of all that is done when the church “comes together” should be?How are you built up in the church?What could you do to build others up?
- What seems to be the motivation for Paul’s command that women keep silent in the church?What type of silence does Paul have in mind here? How does 1 Cor 11:2-16 help us understand this passage?
- Why do you think there is such an emphasis on church worship being done in an orderly way?What does this tell us about our God?